Happy anniversary, my love! Six years! I love you mucho.
I love it that LOML and I share our anniversary with my grandparents. They've got us beat by a few years as they celebrated 59 years of marriage on Saturday! Theirs is a sweet love story...of ups and downs and 4 children and moves to California and back south. About a decade ago, my grandmother developed dementia and was then diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She does not have many moments of lucidity. My grandfather has a weekly visiting routine but had a special trip on Saturday, anniversary day. He went to visit her armed with a photo of them cutting their wedding cake. 59 years ago. And do you know what she did? She smiled and grinned and looked up at the Love of Her Life and puckered up for a kiss. Like she knew. In my heart, I believe she did.
9 comments:
She knew.
Tear...that is precious. And happy A-day to you too!!!!
I too believe she knew. Much love to all of y'all!
She did know. I think love does bring back memories to them. My grandmother was the same way, but when my grandfather passed away it's like everything came back to her for that one day. She was just like she had always bee.
Happy Anniversary!
I really just teared up thinking about sweet Bongoo and Boom Boom... I think she knew!
balling. she had to know. how beautiful!
Happy Anniversary! what an amazing moment for your grandfather... love you guys!
*tears* She knew. *more crying*
Happy anniversary!
P.R.E.C.I.O.U.S. Oh how incredibly wonderful for your Grandpa...what a touching story.
Many many more to you both as well!
Congrats on six years. :)
Blessings,
Camille
Post a Comment