Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Proof of Life

What up, people?  We're alive and well.  This is just a quick check in.  It seems that daily, I am reminded of my false before-two-children idea that my chickadees would be the same....you know, in terms of meeting milestones, tooth growth, sleep patterns, food tolerances, BEHAVIOR.  That number two will get you.  She'll totally catch you off guard, proving again and again that you were flat damn wrong. You know what they say about assuming things.

Bug, aka Mountain Goat, is something else.  Laughing when disciplined.  Screaming bloody murder when given certain foods.  Just look at her face...that's a face of mischief, I tell you.  Only barely walking yet scaling walls.  Climbing on top of everything- tables, chairs, couches.  I feel like I'm in "operation keep her alive" mode at all wake times.  Clearly new territory for this mama.

In other news, Little One is chugging right along.  Decoding words.  Counting multiple decades.  Patterning.  Writing.  Testing her independence.  We are in awe of the challenges that she meets and excels with.  She's very into dancing these days.  Ballet.  Hip hop, or whatever you might call her technique.  Just the other day we were dancing and she yells, "common mom!  Dance like you're gonna hurt yourself!"  I still don't know what that means, but I broke out some moves that met her expectations.  For now.  What truly overwhelms me with Little One is her gentleness toward others.  She has a heart of compassion that I could learn a thing or two from.  She is tender.  I'm trying to teach her all I can while she is in this tender, trusting, precious stage.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still waiting for you to come visit!! You are always welcome and HORO will always be home

The Buchanan Family said...

Love this. While we have # 3 that is 18 months and is much like your # 2. We only thought #2 was something else. #3 is much much more than I ever imagined. Fun times ahead for us both!

Emily said...

That picture of MT is so beautiful and precious! Good luck with E! :)

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

There's just something about those second children - built to keep you on your toes! They have a certain "joie de vivre" that is infectious. Life would be boring without them! Beautiful girls! Glad to see that y'all are doing so well!

Elizabeth said...

How much do I love a new blog post from you? You always speak to my heart. Little One is such a beauty! And her little sister looks to be just as precious. She has a precocious twinkle in her eye!

The Rohman Family said...

Clearly have your heart and hands full ;)

Shealy said...

Just entered back into the land of blogging…. don't give up on yours! Loved this post… it is all too similar to life in our house. #2 is no joke! That child is definitely not like her sister. I should have listened to my mama when she said you can't parent them the same way - learning a lot with this one!! Hope y'all are doing well!