Little One threw a party to celebrate her big day. The good Lord held off the rain and boy did we celebrate. We threw quilts (that my great grandmother and LOML's great grandmother made) over some cardboard tables, stuck daffodils in some jars, and hung paper pom-poms from the carport ceiling.
We had guests from the deep south and guests from the east. We had church friends and school friends and friends that the Love of My Life grew up with. We played and we giggled. We blew bubbles and ate sidewalk chalk.
I cannot believe that LO's birthday has come and gone. There is a bit of sadness in my heart as I reflect on how quickly this first year has passed. And then I remember what a gift we have been given in our sweet girl. Each day is a present. We thank God for her life and look forward to many more birthdays!
9 comments:
How fun! I'm so glad the weather was beautiful - and so is your sweet family. Happy 1 Year to the baby! It does go by so fast...
Happy Birthday! What adorable pictures (love her birthday outfit!), and I am so glad to see YOU in the pics :-) We moms don't make it in there too often, huh? I'm also glad you kept it low key - those are the best kind!
That picture of the three of you is priceless. So cute!
K, you look so pretty!! I love the family all in pic! Happy birthday, LO!
SO glad to see the pretty picture of your lovely mother! Three generations of true belles!
What a cutie and a blessing!!!
What a beautiful birthday party to celebrate the blessing of her in your life! Love!
I LOVE the pic of you giving/showing her her cake. How precious! Happy Birthday sweet Little One! We love you!
So adorable! I haven't visited here in a while - your little one has grown so big and even more beautiful. Happy belated birthday to M.F. and congratulatons to mom and dad. You made it through the first year!!
Post a Comment